Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My pregnancy story, Part 1.

In May of 2010 I was on my way to my boyfriends house to spend 2 weeks with him when I checked my period app on my phone and realized I was 4 days late. On the way there I was getting really worried about the possibility of being pregnant but shortly after I arrived at his house I went to the bathroom and started my period. Although it only lasted 2 days, I was SO relieved and didn't really think much of it. At the end of my stay I woke up one morning and felt different. I was extremely tired, my stomach felt a bit off, and I just had an overwhelming feeling that I was pregnant, so I told Kitt, my boyfriend, and we walked down to the gas station and picked up a pregnancy test. The whole way back we were talking about what was going to happen if it was positive and we both agreed abortion was completely out of the question. We got back to the house and I immediately went into the bathroom and peed on the stick, I didn't look at it until I was in the bedroom so we could see the result together. As we were sitting there in complete silence two little lines appeared, I was so scared I didn't know what to say or do so I just busted out laughing. I was in complete denial and thought it must had been a false positive because my period had been messed up. A week later my sister was returning home from Iraq with severe medical problems so my parents and I were going to go down and visit her. My family had flown out ahead of me and the morning I was supposed to leave I woke up with awful morning sickness. I called my mom telling her I was puking so bad and didn't think I could make it on the bus or plane and her first question, the one I was most dreading, was "are you pregnant?". I was so scared but told her I thought I might be, so before leaving my sister went to the store and got me a pregnancy test. It was one of the boxes that came with 3, so I took them all and they all said the same thing.. Positive. I called my mom crying and told her they were positive, she asked me what I wanted to do and I said I wanted to keep it, she said ok and hung up the phone. My sister drove me to Bangor, ME to get on a bus to Boston, MA but my bus wasn't leaving for another day so I stayed with one of my other sisters for the night(I have 5 sisters, 4 older & 1 younger). We went out to supper and I decided to tell her that I was pregnant, and the look on her face after I told her was awful. She immediately went to the bathroom and cried for probably 15 minutes before coming back and finishing her food. On the way back to her house she tried to convince me to get an abortion, even though I told her multiple times I didn't want to. I was so hurt that she was so upset and didn't want me to have this baby, but now that I am older I can see she was just trying to look out for me and it just came out the wrong way. The next morning came and I said goodbye to my sister, loaded my stuff onto the bus, and ended up spending the entire trip in the bathroom because I just could not stop puking. When I reached the airport I ate a bit and was able to sleep the entire flight to Washington DC where my parents and little sister were and from there we were going to drive to Columbus, GA. That was hands down the worst 14 hour car ride I have ever experienced, and I have driven cross country multiple times. Dramamine was my best friend because it eased the pain enough so that I could sleep, but when we stopped to pee or eat I puked every time. While we were in Georgia my mom and dad called all my family and told them the news, most were disappointed and didn't want me to have this baby but after they explained I was against abortion, although they did not agree with my decision, they stuck by me and gave me their support and love. Knowing that I had let down so many people in my family was really hard for me, but we are family and no matter what mistakes anyone makes we will always be there for each other, even if we don't agree with it. That is what family is for. After we returned from Georgia my mom decided we were going to go live with my dad in DC so we could be a family and I could have better doctors in case I had a high risk pregnancy, from all of my medical complications as a child. Since DC is such a huge city it took me 2 months to get into an OBGYN, absolutely crazy if you ask me, and by that point I was almost 5 months pregnant. My morning sickness lasted for quiet a few more months until I finally figured out that if I ate saltine crackers the second I got up, I wouldn't be sick. Even though I had moved people still got wind that I was pregnant and I started receiving so many hateful comments through my social media websites. I was bullied my entire life so I have heard a lot of mean and extremely disrespectful comments, but never in my life had I experienced people saying such hateful things.
I went onto an old social media website that I had called Formspring, it is were people can go an anonymously ask you questions, and got a few posts as examples; 14 Jun 10
your a slut no one likes you go kill yourself, 30 May 10
you a fuking S-L-U-T!! you should have an abortion. 8 Jan 11
god that's a stupid fucking name for a child..........jaiden? dumb bitch can't even spell that made up name correctly, white trash whore. you should have had an abortion, you should have been an abortion! 8 Jun 11
fat ugly bitch. ur body is ruined. full of stretch marks and shit. fuckin disgusting! 3 Apr 11
your a heartless whore. your ugly ass kid is a mistake. kill urself and your baby too. 2 Apr 11
your a cunt. get over yourself. your a stuck up fat bitch. posting pictures and status' of your kid ,no one cares. your a shit mom..
And those are just a few of the hundreds I received, most of them were much more vulgar and hateful towards not only me, but Jaiden as well. I chose the 'mildly' hurtful ones because I didn't want you to have to hear some of the harsher things people were saying, and I certainty didn't want to be reminded of them every time I read this blog post. During this time I wasn't only being bullied, I was also losing friends and my boyfriend, Kitt, was in a lot of trouble with the law and was facing jail time.
And this is where I'm going to stop this post! I will post part 2 tomorrow after I put Jaiden down for a nap :) I want to try and keep it so these posts are not super long so you aren't sitting here for an hour reading, ha ha. I hope you enjoyed part 1 of my pregnancy story, if you did please leave a comment below leaving your feed back! See you later for Part 2!  
Quote of the day; Please know it gets better, it truly does. You are a unique and beautiful person! Be strong.

14 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I am impressed with your maturity and insight at such a young age. It takes an immense amount of courage to put your story out to the world. You are stronger then you even know.

    I can remember when you were a lot younger, I always knew you were a fighter. You are such a beautiful, intelligent, and strong person. I bet you have been told before but you are wise beyond your years. You are the definition of strong. Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me tear up, thank you so much! I wish I knew who you were!

      Delete
    2. Somethings are better left anonymous, just know there are many people who feel the same way I do, they are just too cowardly to admit they judged someone and are ashamed of themselves. Rock on girlfriend you are in store for great things :) !

      Delete
    3. Well thank you! I really appreciate it, more than you know.

      Delete
  2. Post some more on kitt. He sounds so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe, you are the only one who wants to hear about you hahah. Self centered? Love you.

      Delete
    2. These comments are so hilarious.

      Delete
    3. Haha I think on almost every post he has said something along those lines.

      Delete
  3. Maddi, You'll never know how many young girls you've helped by just what you've shared so far! To open up & share your experiences as you have will pay dividends for you, for your family, for Jaiden, and especially for others who may find themselves in similar circumstances. You'll probably go through quite a few more very difficult times, but you've already shown an ability to focus on the things that are important: your future and that of Jaiden. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a ton! My goal in writing this was to be able to help other women who have been in the same situations as me. So glad to know that I have!

      Delete
  4. Maddi this made me cry if I would have known what you were going through then I probably would have stepped up and been a better friend we have lost touch over the years but I will say that you have always been an amazing, mature, smart person. And from my facebook creeping you are an amazing mother! I love your blog its making me feel like we didn't lose touch all that much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby! I never really shared my struggles with anyone. I have always been the one to suck it up and be strong, so it is not your fault that you never knew!

      Delete